Friday, August 7, 2009

Rest for the Wicked (or Naughty at least)

Aren't we lucky! Samantha is now at the age that all parents dread, but know is eventually coming. We pretend that we are gonna lay down the law and that it's never gonna happen (kinda like "my kid won't ever watch Barney", or "we will NEVER own a mini-van"). She is at the age where she really needs a nap but refuses to take one.

Since she is our third child, we have completely given up fighting and just let her stay up during normal nap-time.

Today I took her to go pick up Taylor and Ashley from school at 2. She threw a fit about something, cried for a couple minutes, and promptly fell asleep in the car. Upon arriving home, I carefully pulled her out of her car seat with intentions to put her in her bed. As soon as I walked through the door, she awoke, made me put her on the ground,started throwing a fit. I ignored her for a few minutes and went about getting the kids a snack. I noticed that she had calmed down, went to see if she wanted something to eat, turned the corner toward the garage, and found this...............





She slept there for about 45 minutes till I woke her up.
I guess she still needs a nap, maybe I will try harder tomorrow.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is precious!

Margie said...

You are sure on a blogging kick... YAY! Glad to see I'm not the only one with a 2 year old who doesn't want to nap. Fun fun fun!

Thanks for everything today!

Katherine said...

Michael - you need to add me to your blog list. devinandkatherine.blogspot.com. I am offended that I'm not on your list.

Ashley said...

Kath, you don't read very closely, you've been on for awhile!