Monday, September 15, 2008

New York Part 2

Friday morning we woke up jet-lagged, but eager to start our day. Well some of us were eager! First thing we went to the Empire State Building. Since we went early, we had NO lines! I think I like the view of the city the best from the Empire State Building. Or maybe that's because it was my first view of the city in the day. I have been to the Top of the Rock a couple times, but only at night. Both views are awesome! From there, we took the subway to the WTC center site. We walked by the site, but right now there is not much to see. Just a lot of construction. Then we walked down to the water to catch some views of the Statue of Liberty. We walked along the water a long way, headed toward Battery Park. But we never made it that far- everyone got too tired. Bunch of wimps I tell ya. :) I really wanted to go to the WTC tribute museum so we headed that direction. It was very sad. But I am glad we went. Afterward we were all a little depressed, but hungry! We went to La Esquina Taqueria for lunch. Very good food. After lunch we went to China Town and got new purses and watches etc. It was really hot and I was ready for some cupcakes, so we took the subway to Magnolia Bakery. YUM! I am not normally a fan of cupcakes, but these ones are GOOD. About this time I think we were all about dead. We went back to the hotel to rest and to get ready for dinner and the show. We saw Mary Poppins, my mom and I for the second time. I think everyone enjoyed it. It was a good end to our day.


The Chrysler Building from on top of the Empire State Building. It was a little hazy. Obviously.


The Camera guy


Subway!



Fire station across from WTC


Ready for the show, but falling asleep in my chair. We walked A LOT that day.

2 comments:

maren out my laundry said...

I am so jealous! You get to go to NY way too often ;) Looks like such a blast and your hubby got to go this time! that is great!

Stacey said...

It looks like you are having a fabulous time! I'm glad your hubby got to go with you. :)