Thursday, July 10, 2008

Surf's up!

Last week we went on our annual trip to San Diego, CA with the Allen Family. We had lots of fun and lots of sun! Michael surfed every morning for about 3 hours- which of course is not enough! He got barreled for the first time which is totally gnarly. The kids spent lots of time on the beach boogie boarding and building sand castles and jumping the waves- or running from the waves in Samantha's case. I spent less time at the beach and more time shopping and reading while Samantha napped- and napping myself. I really do like the beach- I think. I like the idea of it, I like the sound of the waves. I like to sit on the beach peacefully reading. But I really don't like to be Sandy. I know, lots of sand there and my kids enjoy covering me with it one way or another. I really don't like to be in the sun too much either. Gives me a headache. And I really don't like to get in the water. Its COLD and there are STRANGE things in there. Ha! So I'm not too fun at the beach. Luckily the kids had a great time with the rest of the family! We had more then a few bee stings and a sting ray casualty, but other then that, fun times! Here are some ( a lot) of pics. Sorry, their are a few too many family pics in there but I am too lazy to go back and take them out!

4 comments:

Aaron and Melanie Gordon said...

What a beautiful family. Looks like you had a fun time together.

Shannon Allen said...

Michael got "barreled"? is that some sort of bar slag for getting drunk? Must have been a SMASHING Fourth of July!!!

Into the Wood's said...

VERY cute pictures!! I'm glad you had so much fun!

Michelle said...

I totally loved the collage, so fun to see. I did think you were pregos again but NY is cool too:) Thanks for the birthday wishes, I think of you guys all the time too...we need to get together when you get back from NY (and we're in Tucson).