Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rocky Point Barrels!


We spent Labor Day weekend with the Herberts in Rocky Pointe. We had a great time enjoying the ocean, pools, and the hospitality of the Herbert family. We didn't take as many photos as usual, however I think that we were able to capture everyones moods and mindsets pretty well with the ones we did take. Over the next 5 days you'll see what each of us does and how we act in Mexico.

We'll start with me. Of course there are no pictures of me as I am usually the one taking them. You don't get to see how great I looked in my speedo on the beach or my golden bronze tan and blonde hair. However, with Hurricane Jimena spinning south of us in the gulf of california, I thought that there might be a small chance we would see some sizable waves on the beach. I threw a little 5 foot surfboard that I made for the kids on top of the minivan and prayed for surf (and that we wouldn't get shot by the federalies m16's) the whole way to the beach. As my luck would have it, there wasn't much there in the way of surfable waves, but I did get some nice tube rides while mindsurfing these beauties that were breaking right on the shore.

a stand-up barrel for a chiuaua



the kahuna of the cookoorauchas could get some nice turns in on this left

So pretty much my mind was on surfing the whole time eventhough I got skunked, again.

Check in tomorrow to see how Ashley rolls in mexico.....

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

I want pictures of YOU! But I can't wait for your continuing saga!

Katherine said...

I bet you're a great mindsurfer. Looking forward to the coming posts.

Elder Romney's mission said...

its not the federalies you would get shot by, its the no license plate jeep cherokees with nice rims you need to be wary of, and by the way its chihuahua!

Ashley said...

Actually these federalies were waving their guns around and one of them even had his finger on the trigger. I was very wary of any vehicle with nice rims though.

The Booher's said...

I think that Kath was ripping on you Michael ( no pun intended)! We have all seen you surf on the nice controlled waves of Big Surf!

Ashley said...

you have a point there Buffy!
I hate to pull your innocent husband into this kath but I'm sure Devin mindsurfed pretty good all of those mornings that he slept in last time we were in California. To quote one of the most popular songs of 2009, " his middle names Hawaiian but we know better, we seen him surf. "

Matt said...

I'm going to have to side with Katherine on this one.

Matt said...

Classic Song, Though!

Elder Romney's mission said...

by the way cucurachas are spelled like that! Im sure Sarah wants to take the blog back over right about now!

The Booher's said...

Who made Jeni the spelling queen bee!

Ashley said...

No cumprenday Jeni! Go teach a gymnastic class or be the uncle rico of cheerleading.

Katherine said...

I sympathize with Jeni. Spelling errors are bothersome.

And Matt I appreciate your support.

And Michael, Devin has nothing to say.