Friday, May 23, 2008

Tucson Idol '08

On May 30th Corbin Allred and Kirby Heyborne are putting on a concert at Catalina Highshcool in Tucson, at 7pm. I have to say I had no idea who they were- but I have found out they are famous for doing lots of LDS movies, and TV shows as well. Have you heard of them?

Anyway before the concert, they are doing a Tucson Idol '08 and I was asked to participate. I think they have asked 8-10 people total. I am going to sing "I will Be There For You," by Jessica Andrews- and I am FREAKED! They say they will sell out and there will be about 500 people. I have sung a lot, I have some experience, but not for this kind of thing! I sing mostly for church functions. And man is my voice OUT OF SHAPE! It sounded like fun, and I have no hopes of winning- I only want to get up there and not make a fool out of myself! The prize is that you get to sing with these guys, but I am not at all familiar with their music.

So... if you live close, get your tickets and come and cheer for me! I need some support there even if I totally stink! My Dad will also be performing a song he wrote called "Battle Cry".You can buy tickets on Kirby Heyborne's site or at Latter Day Cottage. Wish me Luck! :)

3 comments:

ashley said...

Sarah - that is soo exciting!! I really wish I lived closer so that I could come to hear you sing. I know you'll do AWESOME because you have a GREAT voice! Good luck!!!

Elder Romney's mission said...

So how did you do!!!

Michelle said...

Dang I wish I would have know about this earlier, I would have sent my parents to represent. How did you do?????