Thursday, September 27, 2007

I'm one of THOSE people

Yesterday I had to take Samantha back to the Doctor because she still had a fever. Turns out her ear infections are not any better. She's still got 2. So they put her back on antiobiotics. This is the 3rd antibiotic she has been on. The poor girls stomach. Its been 2 weeks of ear infections and no sleep!
So I'm driving home from the Doctors office, which is like a 45 minute drive and I am close to home on the freeway, and my car DIES! All of a sudden the speed went way down and I look down and realize I AM OUT OF GAS!!! I didn't even notice I was LOW on gas! I am usually really conscience of my gas level, because I am aways scared I will run out. I don't know what I was thinking! Luckily I coasted to the side of the road. My mom was watching Ashley and Taylor so I called her and she said she would come and get me. I get out of the car with Samantha because it was hot, and all I could think about was my drivers ed teacher in highschool telling us horror stories of people stopped on the side of the freeway getting smashed by out of control drivers. That was a run on sentence. So we are standing in the only shade by this huge bush that has a gargantuan spider crawling on it waiting for my mom. She got there pretty quickly so we headed to the gas station. We get some gas in the car and I get back in to go to the gas station. I'm driving up the road and I realize I left my bag in my mom's car- with my wallet. So I'm freaking out because I'm going to run out of gas AGAIN, if I don't somehow flag my mom down and get my bag. We get off at the next exit and I'm praying for a red light and its not ,its green- when is the light ever green when you get off the freeway! So she pulls up next to me and I'm screaming out the window and waving my arms, "I NEED MY BAG!". She gets the hint that I need something and turns around. I turn around too and we PASS eachother going over the freeway. She says she tries to call me at this point and realizes my phone is IN my bag. I'm thinking great we are going to be chasing eacother all over Green Valley and she is going to be late to pick up Ashley, who is at dance. All the while Samantha is screaming in the back seat. Finally my mom stops along the side of the road and I see her and get the bag. The rest is uneventful. I got some gas and made it home exhausted. LUCKILY my mom thought it was all hilarious that I put her through the fiasco.
I always thought that people who run out of gas must not be very smart. I mean come on, if your gas is low, get gas! Now I'm one of those people.

3 comments:

The Booher's said...

Sarah, oh my gosh! I think you handled that pretty well, I would have just started crying and not known what the heck to do! But hopefully you can laugh at that now!

Melissa said...

I'm sorry. That sounds horrible, but you tell it in a way that just makes me laugh! I can totally picture you and your Mom passing each other. Too funny. I'll be sure to keep gas in my tank now. I hope Samantha is feeling better.

Shannon Allen said...

Sarah that sounds like a nightmare! It was funny reading what was going through your head because I could see myself thinking all those same things if I was in your situation! Glad you are all safe and I hope Sammy gets better quick!